Thursday, March 29, 2012

Who Doesn't Love Comfort Foods?

Pizza & Chocolate Chip Cookies Anyone?

It's beginning to be that time of the year already........Planting Season!  We pray that this year's crops will be just as successful as last years!  With the hubs starting to work late hours getting equipment around and ready, I never know when he will be home.  That's when I start making easy, not so healthy dinners since most of the time they will last a while on the counter or wrapped up in the microwave until he gets home.  Or, what I like to call "fend for yourself" dinners happens more often this time of the year too.  Or when they are actually in the fields, us women tend to take turns delivering meals to the guys.......so for a month or more I feed myself and Maddie only...that's when I eat a lot of sea food because Dusty won't touch that stuff :-).

By the way, I'm never blogging about appliances again!!!!  Last week I had a post about giving my garage fridge a makeover....yah, that was a bad idea because the next day my fridge in my house {not even 1.5 years old} died!!!  Of course, I didn't have a warranty on it either :-(.  I was super sick to my stomach.  So in other words, I'm really glad we had our garage fridge for back up because I just got my new one delivered this morning--You like??  Yes, this has the new deli/snack drawer!



Ok, so back to my post of the day...comfort food.  I tend to make homemade Stromboli on occasions when I'm in a lazy mood and don't want to cook {not very often}.  They are super easy and cheap to make!

What is needed:
Rhodes Frozen Loaf Bread
Shredded Motz Cheese (1 bag per loaf)
Pizza Toppings of your choice
Homemade Pizza Sauce, recipe Here

Put as many loafs needed each on a sprayed cookie sheet {I used parchment paper}.  Cover each one with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for about 6-8 hours. 


Roll out dough to a rectangle.  I use my wonder mat, which is about 16" x 11".


Put a very thin layer of sauce, your toppings and cheese.  Today my hubs wanted just pepperoni.


Fold in sides first.


Then fold over long sides, pinching everything together.  Flip over and cut 3 slits on the top.  I brush on a little olive oil on the top too.  Bake 350 degrees for 25 min. Cut into strips.




And for dessert.......yes you always have dessert at my house.  My favorite chocolate chip cookies; I added a little m&m's today.  Of what my hubs doesn't eat tonight, he can take the rest to the farm tomorrow :-).


Sorry my friends, no recipe for these babies---this is my secret recipe BUT you can head over to my Shoppe to purchase a dozen {or more}.

Have a great weekend!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment