Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is it Worth The $$$??

You all should know by now that I love vacations and yes I've been thinking of where to go next.  I have seriously been thinking of trying to convince my husband of becoming a Disney Vacation Club Member as from everything I understand it would pay for itself in about 7 vacations.  I do know that my husband is going to say no, so I must have a compelling case as to why this is a good financial decision for us.  For those of you that don't know how it works,in a nutshell you buy points into a certain Disney Resort that are yearly points.  These points can be used for anytime of year and at any resort based on the number of points you have.  If you want a nicer resort and a bigger room it will  use more points.  Now there is an upfront investment which can range from $10,000+ depending on the number of points, etc and there are yearly dues for upkeep that is a fee per point.  You also can go many places in the world even non Disney Resorts, which is what I think is the best part as you are not tied down to just Disney Resorts. 

Now the question I have for all of you is do you have experience with a timeshare or know someone that does and if so has it been worth the money?  I would really like to have some input from our readers as to what they know to also help build my case with my husband.

I look forward to being able to blog in the near future about becoming a member of Disney Vacation Club. 



 


1 comment: