Sunday, March 4, 2012

Anyone Sick of Winter?

I know it's a silly question to ask because not many would say NO, right?   Besides the fact our winter has been really weird anyways; I'm totally ready for a nice sunny day to get out for a walk with the stroller!!  I really wish my town had a nice paved walkway, but unfortunately I live in the boonies on a dirt road.  The other day I noticed Hastings has a nice new walk--I think it will be calling my name on Wednesday when it's supposed to be 55 degrees! 

I think everyone should plan a trip to a warmer place this time of the year.  It  makes a difference for sure!  That's why I'm a little disappointed in myself.  I'm usually a travel person and go someplace warm in February, but we've been so busy the last few years; building a home, being pregnant,  having a baby.....  This year we were planning on going to Flordia with our family, which would have been this week BUT we decided to stay home.  I'm not  ready to take a 20 hour road trip with a 9 month old (even though it will be worse next year if we decide).  Plus with this crazy mild weather, my husband and the family are already getting equipment around to start in the fields!  He is MIA in the spring for about 2 months.  AND because of that I want everything done around the house as much as we can before my daughter's 1st birthday party in June.  So........the money I had saved for vacation went into our garage.  My husband "needed" to put steel siding up on the inside of our garage.  Really?  Men!  As long as it's ready for the party and I can decorate, it doesn't matter I guess! 

So, to get out of this poopy weather mood, I think I'm going to make an appt with a Day at the Spa soon!  Who wants to join me?

Where are you going for Spring Break?


 

 

1 comment: