Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kicking My Addiction

A week ago I shared with all of you that I was addicted to Diet Coke and that I was committed to giving it up.  I am proud to say that I have not had any soda for a week.  I will admit this last week has been very difficult as I have had many urges and temptations: I was in Orlando for a conference and all the meetings had Diet Coke- there were many people around me cracking open a Diet Coke and it took every ounce of me to not give in to the temptation.  I also had several migraine headaches, which were likely a result of giving Diet Coke up as my body is used to the caffeine. 


I do have to thank all of you and the Evolv E84 facebook application for keeping me strong.  Every day I report my results of my challenge and along with it I announced that I was giving up Diet Coke, which I did to have my friends hold me accountable.  It has been amazing the feedback I have gotten from my Evolv family with regards to encouragement as they too have fought the addiction. 


Despite the difficult week I feel proud that I am trying to make my body healthier.  Diet Soda has been proven to increase your risk of obesity and health problems such as type 2 diabetes.  When I do have the urge for some fizz I have been drinking Evolv Thin. 

The hardest part is about to come in May when I got to Vegas with Jen and my friend Mary as my drink of choice is Rum and Diet...hmm I wonder what my new drink is going to be??


Happy St. Patricks Day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment