Monday, March 12, 2012

New Beginnings

When you are sitting in church, do you feel like the sermon is directed right toward you?  As if nobody else is in the room and the pastor is looking right through you?  
Well, that was me Sunday night at church.  Our assistant pastor, Pastor Deano, who is an amazing person by the way, has been speaking on why he memorizes and encourages others to memorize scripture. 
Tonight he spoke about forgiveness. 
For me, I am all about forgiving and moving on.  Life is too short to hold grudges or be upset, life is too precious to put time into moments that should be cherished for the good situations and not for the bad.

I have had several years go by with absolutely no contact with my Mom or my sister, it was about 7 years.  Each year, on their birthdays or mine and holidays, I would wonder if they were thinking of me like I was thinking of them.  I would wonder where they're working, what they're driving and even where are they living.  How my nieces and nephews were, if they remembered me.  

I would run into family here or there and they would ask if I've spoken with them and my answer would always be the same, No.  But I got to a point, where that was okay.  I was okay with that decision that I had made several years before by handing everything over to God and letting Him be in control of the situation.  

So, here we are today...starting over.  I have been talking to my sister here and there, texting, etc and things are going well.  I am going to be seeing them both this month!  We're eating lunch at my favorite restaurant in Fremont, IN, Bubba's!  They have the best pizza and dopey dough!!

Here's to new beginnings and rejoicing in all things!!  


 

2 comments: