Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Magical Green

My 3 year old Kylie's favorite color is GREEN.  I always hoped her favorite color would be pink or purple because that is what girls are supposed to like..right?? She gets so excited about green..green shirts, green food, green cups, green cars, Kermit the Frog..why does she like green so much?  I decided to do some research on the color GREEN to see if I could figure out if something in the color triggers children's minds and I learned the following:

-Green behind blue occupies the most space in our world
-Green is a soother and helps with relaxation
-Green helps alleviate with depression and anxiety
-Green is known worldwide for safety
-Green represents magic
-People see Green as the prime color of the world


After thinking about what GREEN really represents I now understand why Kylie loves it so much. She is used to seeing GREEN everywhere and it always represents something great: fun, relaxation, safety and magic...with these characteristics who wouldn't love GREEN? 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment