Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dear Mother Nature: I Love You {this week}

I love Sunday's!  Most of all, I love this weather, are you?!?!  I just can't get over the mild winter we had, now it's March and it's going to be 72 degrees Wednesday!!  We all know.......... don't get used to it, as I'm sure the hugest snow storm will appear on us before May {never fails}.  Until then, I'm soaking it up.  We spent almost the entire day outdoors; my husband even mowed the lawn {not kidding}, and my daughter got her first ride on the lawnmower {I was so into the moment I forgot to take a picture}.  We took our first 2 mile stroller walk down our dirt road, gosh did that feel good!  I also cleaned out our flower beds and we planned where I will have my very first garden--can't wait! 

The best part of our{My} day was our very first cookout of the year {with many more to come}!  We even ate outside on our picnic table {well......in the garage with the door open}.  I LOVE to entertain. If it was my choice, I would invite our entire 2 mile stretch of neighbors over to eat {all 5 of them, lol} but my hubby says no.  However, my dad does live across the road from me, so he's always invited :-).

Here was our menu:

Hamburger Sliders
Grilled Asparagus
Fresh Sweet Corn {from last fall @ farm}
Strawberry Shortcake {see recipe link below}


These are my husband's favorite rolls!



I love to grill all my fresh veggies!  Easy clean up:  put them on foil with some olive oil, salt & pepper and BAM!


You never go without dessert at my house.  I had strawberries that needed to be ate up, so I started searching for some recipes.  This recipe is now my favorite: simple, quick & yummy!  You use Grands Biscuits--You can find the recipe Here.  I didn't add the sugar with the strawberries, and I used creamy cool whip instead.

I hope everyone enjoyed their beautiful Sunday!

 

 

2 comments: