Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY Birthday Party Crafts: Part 1

In the weeks to come, I will be sharing my DIY birthday party crafts that I'm doing for my daughter's birthday party in June.  They are all not only easy but super cheap! 

 I always love seeing personalized birthday banners at parties, so that's what I'm making today. 

DIY Birthday Banner:
Happy 1st Birthday Maddie

 Things needed:
Stock Paper {many different colors}
Paper cutter
Double sided tape {or glue}
Corner Punch {optional}
X-Acto Knife
Hole Punch
Double sided sticky foam stickers
Tulle or ribbon {I used both}

Using Word, pick out your favorite font.  I used "Ravie".  I printed each letter 5" x 5" {you might have to change the format to landscape}.  I was able to put 2 letters on each pc of paper.   I did this the hard way because I didn't want to waste a bunch of paper.  I printed them on plain paper, cut them out and used them as stencils.  Obviously, you could print them right onto your stock paper you're using.

Michaels recently had stock sheet paper on sale for $.19 each.  I stocked up! 
Taking two different colors of paper, one cut at 6" x 6", and  the other 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  Punch the corners so they are rounded.  Tape {or glue} them on top of eachother.  It should look like this.
Then take your letter stencils and trace them on the color of cardstock you want.  I traced it backwards on the opposite side of the paper, so you wouldn't see any lines.

Put a couple foam stickers on the back so it looks 3D.

Punch the top corners of each square for your tulle and ribbon.

Here is some of the finished banner.  You will have to check back in June to see the totally finished product!!

 You can see I used a cupcake clip art to separate the words.







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment