Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meatloaf Cupcakes

Ok, so everyone knows I love cupcakes, right?  I also LOVE meatloaf, so I thought I would make individuals just to be cute!  I know, I'm weird--my mind goes round and round all day long thinking of creative food ideas :-).  I think I may use this idea come spring time when my hubby and family are in the fields and it's my turn to make/deliver dinner to the guys!  Here is my recipe, which I think I got years ago from the girls in the kitchen at HMIC.......love it!

1.5 pounds of ground beef
Diced Green pepper (I use a whole one because I love lots of veggies)
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 sleeve of saltine crackers crushed
2 eggs
1/4 cup ketchup + some for the top
2 tbsp steak sauce
salt/pepper

Using your hands, mix all together in a bowl.  Scoop into foil cupcake liners and top with ketchup.  Bake 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or longer depending how crispy you like it!  I was able to make 12 cupcakes out of this recipe. 



I also purchased some yummy strawberries at the store this week.  It's been a very long time since I've had a good strawberry, so I thought I'd make a new cupcake:  Chocolate cupcake infused with chocolate chips topped with chocolate ganache,  fluffy strawberry frosting and a fresh strawberry!  I really made them so I could take them across the road to my dads house :-)



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment