Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fighting My Addiction

An addiction is a Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance; Diet Coke is my addiction.  My addiction is so bad that I pick my restaurants by if they have Coke or Pepsi; even worse is my employees know if they are eating with me to go to a restaurant that has Coke.  I know that soda is extremely bad for my health; I am getting ulcers in my stomach and cavities in my teeth all because of the acid from my bad habit.  How long can I continue down this road of being addicted to Diet Coke??? For the past 5 months I have been part of Evolv, but I have continued my bad habit of soda.

3 days ago I decided that I am going to quit soda for my health and I am proud to say that I have not had an ounce of soda in 3 days; it's been very difficult. however I am committed to overcome my addiction.  It does not make sense for me to continue something that burns my stomach and teeth along with the fact that it does not provide any nutrients.  I am looking to my friends and family to help me overcome my addiction.  If people can overcome smoking, drinking, and drugs, I can defiantly overcome my addiction to Diet Coke. 


If any of have an addiction I challenge you to try to fight it..fight it for yourself, not for anybody else.  Let those who care about you know what you are trying to overcome so they can help be there for you when you have a craving.

Let's fight our addictions together and share together our success stories!



No comments:

Post a Comment