Friday, February 10, 2012

Taking Time

Have you ever rushed from point A to B, only to get more frustrated as each minute passes by that you are not there yet or as quickly as you'd like?  That was me on Thursday...

I worked in the main office all day and planned on getting out early to head to the Secretary of State's office to renew my license.  Well, that was a great plan but as I'm sure you are all aware, plans usually don't go as you like.   

I got out of work later than I wanted, it seemed to take FOREVER to get to my car, then I had to try to find my brush in my purse (because I was finally updating my picture on my license since my current one is 7 years old!) and reapply my beautiful red lipstick, that I only wear on special occasions because who seriously wears lipstick while working at home with their kids at their feet?  

I finally arrived at point B, way after I had wished to be there.  I took the #77.  When I looked up to see #70 on the big black box, I though to myself "This will go quick!"
Well, it didn't!  I sat there for 10-15 minutes before the next number was called.  

And that's when it hit me...it was like God was telling me something.

To be content, slow down, appreciate right now!
 
I really do love the fact that I can work from home but also have the opportunity, on occasion, to put on my special red lipstick and go to the office.  I enjoy walking in the cool weather.  And who doesn't love their picture taken on a great hair day!?!

So as I was sitting there, waiting oh so patiently for my number to be called, I realized that I need to slow down and be thankful that I have all that I have, and don't have for that matter.  

I need to be content and enjoy the moment.  

Smile and take the time to say hello to people.   

Take the time to listen to others.
My wish for all of you is that you'll take the time today, we're never promised tomorrow, to think of somebody else and enjoy your moment!




 

1 comment: