Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Heavy Heart



Today my heart is heavy as I learned that a good friend of mine just had a miscarriage.  It was a hard conversation as I tried to be strong while I was talking to her to offer support, but at the same time my heart was breaking as I know how excited she was just last week of the exciting news.  I never know how to respond in these situations as I feel completely overwhelmed with sadness, but I don't have the words to offer comfort.  It's unfortunate that I have had several close friends  who have had to experience this awful tradigy- some more than once.  I wish I had to ability to comfort and take away the pain; however I know that is in God's control and I will simply offer support and be a shoulder to cry on when needed.  In times like these we need to remember to lean on God for support and help bring us through these tough situations.  For those of you who have experienced a loss remember that your loved ones may not understand what you are going through, but know they are saddened and want to support you in any way that is needed.   

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment