Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Products - favorite & least favorite!

As our baby gets closer and closer to turning 1, I have realized so many things about which products and items we love and ones I could live without!  For me, diapers are diapers.  As long as they fit him, they all seem to work just fine.  Right now, I'm using Huggies because I bought them at Costco!  Love that store!  When those are done, I'll probably buy Costco brand.  

One of the few items I will be getting rid of is this Summer Infant Right Height Center Tub:

  
 When I registered (which I suggest doing with a very experienced friend, seriously girls you know your husbands do not enjoy it as much as a girlfriend would, so make it a girl day and treat yourself to a pedi afterward), I saw this and thought how perfect it would be!!  I thought the tub would be wonderful for when Abe is almost sitting up on his own.  Plus the stool can stay attached to the tub, keeping baby higher and closer to you.  
However, I can honestly say this is probably the least item used.  I loved the infant bath part until Abe wanted to sit upright, then I used the tub part, maybe twice.  It was a pain for me to fill it every time and he wasn't quite able to sit up by himself so it was easier for me to just hold him with one hand while I bathed him very quickly.  The stool would be perfect but I already have a stool in the bathroom for our 4 year old to use when he washed his hands.  Also, it takes up a lot of room in our bathroom closet, so I am now storing it in Abe's room as a laundry basket.  
So, what I will do instead, if we have another infant in the house someday, is buy something similar to Baby Under the Sea Sponge:
  The first item I think of that I LOVE is the Diaper Depot:
 
I bought this after Abe was born (with a gift card!) and have loved it since day 1!  I see now that there is a bigger one, which would be nicer but I don't know if it would fit as nicely on Abe's changing table.  Either way, totally recommend this for keeping your diapers handy, butt creams, lotions and other items organized and close by!
Those are my top choices for items I would not recommend and absolutely LOVE!!!  Which items do you LOVE and could live without?










 

No comments:

Post a Comment