Sunday, February 5, 2012

Do You Need A Little Weekend Getaway?

Everyone needs a weekend getaway every now and then, and that's just what we did this weekend. Every year my mother-in-law takes us kids and grandkids on a weekend trip (of her choice) for our Christmas and birthday presents. Last year we spent a fabulous weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge, and so my MIL must have loved seeing her grandkids play in the water because we spent another fabulous family weekend at another waterpark! This was much smaller and closer to home. It was almost more enjoyable since it wasn't so crowded!! Plus this was my daughter's first encounter (besides her tubbies) in a lot of water. As expected, she had so much fun. I almost think her favorite part was people watching - we don't get out much..... ha ha :-). It was nice to set the phone & computer aside and enjoy a couple days with some much needed family time!

This is my daughter, Maddie & grandma

Moments like this makes me very grateful for my family. Both my husband and I have huge families; very family oriented! In the winters, we spend it either going to some place warm and exciting or up north snowmobiling. In the summers, we spend days & weeks in our 5th wheel camper at our "mini" campground on the family private lake. And of course in the spring and fall we spend endless amounts of time being team players on the family farm! Together as a family, us women who do the cooking and baking for our men who work around the clock planting and harvesting crops in the ground to provide food to the world!


We may all have a very busy lifestyle, but when it comes down to it - we all make time for each other no matter what! That's why I LOVE weekends like this :-)

With daddy


 

 

My nephew, Brody
My niece, Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment