Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pizza Soup Recipe

This recipe goes way back for me.  It's very unique since you don't really hear the word "pizza soup" -- And when you do hear it, the first thing that comes to mind is "gross", right?  That's what I said too until I tried it!  I immediately fell in love with it. It taste just like pizza!  I don't make this that often but when I do, I make enough so I can eat on it for a couple days.  The recipe will make a good amount; probably 5 big soup bowls full.  Try it--you won't be disappointed! 

What you will need:

3 cans of tomato soup (10-3/4 oz cans)
2 cans of water
1 pound HOT sausage (you can use regular but hot gives it a kick)
1 green pepper, diced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
8 oz pkg of fresh mushroom
1/2 cup diced onion
8 oz bag pepperoni
2 tbsp oregano
1-1/2 tbsp basil
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
Shredded Motz Cheese

In a large pot, brown the sausage.  I usually leave the grease in the pot as there shouldn't be that much.  Add the green pepper, mushroom & onion.  Sauteed for a couple minutes.


Add the rest of the ingredients except for the motz cheese. 

Stir occasionally and simmer on low for 30-45 minutes. 


Add to a soup bowl and top with mozzarella cheese


Don't forget a napkin as the cheese will wrap around your chin!!





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment