Sunday, February 26, 2012

Military Care Package

Kyle with Maddie, the day he left
Today, my heart is heavy as I'm really missing my younger brother, Kyle who is currently serving our country as a US Navy Seal in Cuba.  He left on his yearly deployment in October.  Between myself, my dad, and Kyle's Fiance, we try to stay connected through Skype & send as many care packages as we can to keep his mind at ease while he misses home.  Recently, he said he has enough food to last him a month :-)  That tells ya we send him a lot!  He has to have a lot of low-sodium foods, so that's usually what we send him.  And, his sugar addiction--he loves gummy bears, sour patch kids, red bull and laffy taffy! 

This week, I'm getting a box around which is going to include his all-time favorite--Chocolate No-Bakes!  He's been asking for these for some time now, but we didn't know exactly how they would get there fresh since it takes about 2 weeks for delivery to Cuba.  My dad just purchased a "seal-a-meal", so we're going to try it out--it's worth a shot!  I will probably get him a little toy like Legos or something, and some crosswords puzzles.  It sounds silly, but anything to keep his mind on home is good!  Most importantly, we send him letters & pictures!  He loves it!

So in your days to come, please remember to say a prayer for our men and women overseas and pray for their safe return home!  We love you Kyle and thank you for your hard work and protecting our country--we can't wait for you to come home!

 

 

1 comment: