Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Tote Boxes

Maddie's Room is almost done.  I can't wait to share the final projects with everyone!  I am a huge pack rat when it comes to boxes.  I save them because I think I will re-use them.  I order a lot from Amazon, and sometimes you get a HUGE box for a little item.  Well, all those boxes finally came in handy.  Instead of spending a bunch of money for cute totes or bins for Maddie's room to hold toys, I ended up covering boxes with fabric.  Thanks to the lovely blog, Positively Splendid, I'm going to share her tutorial here

I ended up using just regular fabric instead of canvas, and I didn't bother putting a liner in mine either since it will be chucked full of stuff all the time, and besides that involves sewing and I still don't know how :-(.  Some day though I will learn!


Things Needed:
Boxes
Fabric
Spray Adhesive
Elmer's Glue









This was my first tote I made, so I put it in Maddie's closet to hold her books.  I have bigger ones to share with you that actually has matching fabric from her headboard

 
 

1 comment:

  1. It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Tote Boxes

    ReplyDelete