Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Give Thanks

 I know I haven't posted in a while, but things have been really crazy and blogging tends to slip my mind. ..I will try to get better :)

Today was a very emotional day as my 1 1/2 year old nephew had major surgery to try to close a hole in his diaphragm.  My mom called me a while ago to let me know that the hole could not be repaired and that he likely will need a feeding tube.  Poor Wyatt has already had many battles in his short life and continues to face challenges every day.  I am absolutely amazed at the strength my brother and sister in law have as they continue to be strong regardless of what happens every day.  They have great faith and believe that God will heal Wyatt and help them enjoy every minute with him despite the challenges.  As a parent I can't even imagine the challenges they face daily.  Today was a great reminder for me to give thanks for everything that I have and remember to love as you never know what will happen in life.

                                       Here is sweet Wyatt and my mom.
 
 

1 comment: