Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fabric Wall Circles

It is Positively Splendid week for me.  I absolutely love her blog and her amazing talent.  Another craft hosted by her in Maddie's Room again!  You can follow her tutorial here while I show you mine today.

This craft is super cute, easy, cheap and requires easy clean up.

Things needed:

Fabric
Good shears
Circle templates {I used the tops to my Pyrex glass bowl tops}
Starch spray



I didn't take very good pictures on the instructions, but it's very easy.  Take your fabric and trace on the wrong side with a pencil different shapes of circles {or whatever shape you like}.  Putting one circle in some sort of bin {like a big Ziploc container} and drench it using this starch.  I bought it for $1.27 at Meijer. 


I didn't use a template on the wall like she suggest so you get a pattern.  I just got creative and put them everywhere.  Make sure you have a wet paper towel to catch any drippings.  And when you are bored with them and want to take them down, all you do is peel them off the wall and wash it.....no wear and tear!


This fabric also matches her headboard.


Here is a glimpse of one of her walls completed.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment