Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Amish Country

Seems like I'm never home these summer days; yes girls I went to Shipshewana yesterday!  My MIL has been wanting to go for some time now.  I tried to convince her to go to Chicago for a night since Heidi is there for work all week, but she had to work tonight and of course my hubby will not let me travel  these days by myself anymore let alone with Maddie, especially to Chicago.  I miss the Cheesecake Factory :-(

It's been at least 7 years since I've been to Amish Country.  Even though in my eyes, I practically live in Amish land here in Vermontville.  I like to go to Shipsy for the huge flea market.  I love crafts and being creative, so it's enjoying to walk around all day to see what others like to make with their bare hands.  I bought a ton of little things, even some cute cheap crocs for Maddie.  I haven't really put shoes on her yet, but she loves these and walks good in them!  I'm wishing i would have bought two pair now.  I also bought some cute Halloween home decor....... Yes I'm thinking holidays already!

I also love to go there for their food.  I love the bakery; I always get their homemade cinnamon rolls!!  They also have the best cheese ball dip seasoning and kettle popcorn.  We ate lunch at the Blue Gate Restaurant. It's the best home cookin grub you can get.

If you haven't been here, you really should check it out!  The market is only open on Tues & Wed during the week and will be going on until October. It's a great day for a girls day out and great way to stock up on cheap unique stocking stuffer (yes..... The Holidays again)





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment