Thursday, June 21, 2012

Great Grandma's Banana Bread

Despite the horrible weekend our family had, I can at least talk about how good my great grandma's banana bread is!  This recipe has been in my family for a very long day.  I make it a lot in the winter for the holidays and in the summer when we are camping.  Dusty's grandpa loves it so much so I make a lot for him :-).  I never throw away bananas at my house; I make and freeze loafs of bread.  I had a few in the freezer from last month, so we took it with us this past weekend.



Makes One Loaf:

1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
4 ripe bananas, smashed
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp orange juice
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease loaf pan.  Add baking soda and orange juice in a small bowl, letting it fizz together.  In large mixing bowl, add sugar and butter until smooth.  Add bananas.  Add orange juice and soda.  Add the beaten eggs.  Lastly add the flour.  Don't over mix.  Bake for approx 1 hour checking in between. 

When cooling , I add about a half stick of butter on the top letting it melt over top.  If you are going to freeze, I usually put a piece of folded paper towel inside a freezer bag putting the loaf in there hot so it stays moist.






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment