Monday, July 16, 2012

Thankful reminders!

I was reminded this weekend just how much our children look up to us!  They are smart cookies!  I believer that our children, and other children watch our every move, even if we don't think they are even listening to us!
They watch the way we respond in situations, they watch our tempers and they also watch our actions in normal everyday activities.

I am so very thankful for where my attitude is today!  As some of you may or may not know, I tend to get a little upset and frustrated with some situations however over the years of having a very laid back and go with the flow husband, he has helped me to appreciate every moment, good or bad and how to deal with my frustrations.  I am so very grateful for that!!

Saturday, Del, Abe and I were swimming at my sister-on-law's cousin's pool, enjoying the heat that summer has brought upon us.  We all ate lunch on the deck which is attached to the pool.  I cleaned Del up and went to clean Abe up and all of a sudden everything went into slow motion.  Those moments are never good!!

Del was in the pool before I knew it, and without his life jacket!  

I jumped up, ran to the pool and noticed he was okay!  Until, he looked at me and saw my face of horror.  So, I knew at that moment, I had to decide, do I jump in, do I calmly walk in on the ladder or do I encourage him to swim to the me. 

Since I knew he was okay and I chose to encourage him to swim to me! 

And he did it!  He swam from the middle of the pool all of the way to the ladder!  

I could not have been more proud of him!  

Once he was out, he was a little shaken up but pretty happy he did it.  He did say to me that he just forgot to put on his life jacket and that he wouldn't forget again!  

 One of Abe's many faces!  :)  He is saying "Ohhhh!"  And throwing the bucket around!
He loves to make noises in cups, bowls, and of course buckets.  So, he was yelling right now but loving every minute!


So, I love taking scary moments likes these ones where everything ends up okay which reminds me of how much our children learn from our actions!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment