Friday, July 20, 2012

~Being an Aunt~

Being a wife is everything I have imagined. 


Being a Mom is wonderful!  However, no matter how many books you read or now a days how many blogs you read, you will never be prepared for parenthood.


Being an Aunt, now that is wonderful!!!  Don't get me wrong, I love my children but being able to spoil, spend time with other children and send them home, that's something special.  You don't have the challenging times like you do with your own children.


I have always been close to one of my aunt's.  I remember going to Traverse City every summer from the age of 9 or 10 until I could drive.  I loved being at my Aunt's!  I loved how she taught me so much and was and is always there for me! 


Now, as my nieces and nephew get older, I am spending more time with them!  I honestly do not know why I haven't spent more time with them.  I think as we have been expanding our family over the years, I have been a little busy with that!  I've always spent time with them but not nearly enough.


This week, my brother's youngest daughter spent a couple of nights with us.  She is so much fun!  The boys just adore her and she was a huge help!  I hope that she knows how much we enjoyed having her here and we are looking forward to VBS week when her and her sister will be here!


Have a blessed weekend!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment