Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Luv Cupcakes

Last week was a very busy week for me with baking. I feel a bit overwhelmed as I'm still helping my old work out while I'm trying to find time to do all this baking! Yet, I'm also kind of excited as I got another cupcake job out of all the craziness! I just love the feeling when I overhear someone saying "gosh, these cupcakes look amazing, did you get them professionally done?" Love it.  It so happened that one of my co-worker's(ALL men) birthday was last week.  I thought I would surprise him by bringing in cupcakes, so I called his wife and asked what was his favorite flavor was.  Chocolate??  It can't be, only women love chocolate right?  Nope.  She said chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!! So, there it was, a chocolate cupcake with ganache frosting topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and birthday sprinkles.  I didn't have one, but let me tell you Trevor (another guy I work with) had 4 of them :-)


In March there will be another member of the Henney family having another baby (girl)!!  Roni's baby shower was this past Sunday, and I had the honor of making 100 cupcakes for it.  Yes, that was a huge shower!  She wanted raspberry and chocolate.  I came up with a vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling topped with raspberry buttercream frosting and a fondant heart.  Next was a snickers cupcake, chocolate cupcake with caramel buttercream frosting topped with pieces of snickers candy bar and caramel drizzle.  I also LOVE Etsy.  I was able to find some cute DIY cupcake toppers for $3.50.  I printed them myself and used a 2" scallop punch.


 


2 comments:

  1. You actually make it appear so easy along with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually one thing which I believe I might by no means understand. It seems too complicated and very vast for me. I'm looking forward for your subsequent post, I'll try to get the grasp of it!
    2011 Scion Strut Brace

    ReplyDelete