Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIY Birthday Party: Part 2

Tissue Pom Poms

I love tissue pom poms.  They might be an old craft but those of you who have never made them, they are super cute, fun and cheap!  It would be a lot easier to show on video how to do these, but I will do my best with pictures today!  I will be also using these at Maddie's first birthday party as decor instead of balloons :-) I plan on hanging them from the garage ceiling!!

Things needed:
Tissue Paper
Scissors
Pipe Cleaners
Jewelry or fishing line


For the bigger pom poms, I use 12 pcs of tissue paper, it's about 20" x 24".

Lay out the tissue paper and start folding 1" - 1-1/2" pcs until you've got what looks like a fan.  Tie a pipe cleaner around the center tightly.




Hold the ends together, cut the ends either to a point {like I did} or you can make a half circle to make it rounded.  You might have to do it in pieces.


Now start pulling one piece at a time away from the bunch.  Be careful because it rips really easy.  Take turns on each side.

Done with one side, now start on other.

 Finish product.  I made a few of these ahead of time,  but you will have to check back in June to see the finish product hanging with fish line!!  They are so cute.

I made a smaller one too.  The size of this tissue paper, was 20" x 20" {4 pcs}, folded in half making it 10" x 20"{8 pcs}.

And I also made miniature ones that I will use in place of flowers for centerpieces on the tables.  You only need 1 pcs of 20" x 20" tissue paper cut into 8 equal pcs.  My husband loves the Starbucks iced coffee, and I told him to save the glass bottles for me---recycling!  I just slapped a little ribbon around it with a thank you tag :-)




 




No comments:

Post a Comment