Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DIY Birthday Party Crafts: Part 4

Did I tell you Maddie's birthday isn't until June {I know Ive mentioned it}? Well, I think they're will be over 10 parts to this birthday party craft thing {or more...ha}.  I think I seriously have enough projects to post up until her party--for real!

Cupcake Toppers & Food Label Tags

So, by now everyone should know how much I love food and entertaining{if you don't, that means you don't read our blog enough}.  Today I'm sharing a very cheap {less then dollars!!!!} way to dress up your cupcakes & label your food in a cute way.  I like to make food labels that way, everyone knows what exactly it is and what's in the food!

Supplies needed:
Stock sheet paper {on sale this week @ Michaels:  7 for $1}
Foam stickers
X-acto or scissors




Using Microsoft Word, insert the shape {plaque} sizing 2-1/2" wide by 1-1/2" tall.  Then by either adding a text box or word art, add your food name {in your favorite font} and what else you would like. You should be able to get 12 on a 8-1/2" x 11" pc paper.

Using a different color paper, cut pcs 3-1/4" wide by 5" tall.  Fold in half like a tent {you should get 12 out of each 12" x 12" pc paper}


 And here ya go :-)


Cupcake toppers are cute too.  They are not edible but sometimes it's the way to go if you want to dress them up quick!

Supplies needed:
Stock sheet paper
2" scallop punch
1-1/2" circle punch
Popsicle sticks {white or brown ones}
Hot glue gun


Using Microsoft Word and Avery Wizard, pick the template that has 1-1/2" diameter circles to design what you want on it.  Print and punch out using the circle punch.



Also punch out your scallops

Using the hot glue gun, glue the stick to the scallop first.

And then glue the top of the stick with your circle and here ya go!

I'm also really excited because the dollar store has their Hawaiian luau items out, so I picked up these umbrellas too.....for only a dollar {heck ya...I even got some for our camper}!  And I also got these cute purple polka dot paper straws {I've had them for a while now}, but like always......you'll have to check back in June to see where I use them :-)




 

 

1 comment: